Basecamp CEO Jason Fried shares his views on recruiting and HR, including Basecamp's decision to embed compensation ranges in job descriptions. In this episode you'll learn:
- Why Basecamp included comp ranges in job descriptions
- How Basecamp created a living wage $70k floor for salaries
- Advice for companies considering compensation transparency
- How they worked through 4,000 applications for 5 jobs (without machines)
- Why Basecamp is a pacifist in the "war for talent"
- How to overcome hustle & grind culture.
For more insights into Basecamp's hiring process, check out their podcast on the topic: https://rework.fm/hire-when-it-hurts/